Old April 5th 04, 05:20 PM
Civalo

Default Kenwood TK-941 Questions

My brother in law works at a truck repair shop, he recently got his hands on
a Kenwood TK-941 that was being thrown out. I was wondering what anyone can
tell me about the radio. It seems fully operational, although it needs
programmed. (found the software, need a cable)

I was basically wondering what the value was on them, what it might cost to
get another radio that will work with it. (one in each rig)

I know the radio ops on 900mhz range, and due to the spftware, I know the
freqs, but I really don't know much about the radio. Also, I have yet to
get my Radio liscence. I haven't quite figured out what I wanna get. Will
an amatuer radio liscence cover me on 900mhz?? I think tech is 2 meter
only, If I remember corerctly.

Thnks for helpin a newbie.

PS. Although I don't know much about the liscences and stuff like that. I
used to work on satellite systems for the navy. Kindof a tech junky. If
anyone needs help/info technical wise, lemme know...I'll do what I can.