Old December 10th 10, 07:24 AM
Junior Member

Question What am I looking for?

I am big on the net. I would like to share tech. with locals in my area. broadcasting seems to be a very simple way of relaying information across said county. Ill need to patch in an AUX audio feed for programing. do not want to register with the FCC. CB is what I need from what I know. What is a simple & recommended:

120v Or 220v base unit
120v Or 220v Amp ( not afraid to push some power )
Antenna

If there is another medium I should consider broadcasting over, please let me know.

Thanks, The Duck!
Old December 10th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default What am I looking for?

MapleDuck wrote:
I am big on the net. I would like to share tech. with locals in my area.
broadcasting seems to be a very simple way of relaying information
across said county. Ill need to patch in an AUX audio feed for
programing. do not want to register with the FCC. CB is what I need from
what I know. What is a simple& recommended:

120v Or 220v base unit
120v Or 220v Amp ( not afraid to push some power )
Antenna

If there is another medium I should consider broadcasting over, please
let me know.

Thanks, The Duck!

http://icecast.org/faq.php

Kwak!
Old December 10th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:24:23 +0000, MapleDuck rearranged some electrons to
say:

I am big on the net. I would like to share tech. with locals in my area.
broadcasting seems to be a very simple way of relaying information
across said county. Ill need to patch in an AUX audio feed for
programing. do not want to register with the FCC. CB is what I need from
what I know. What is a simple & recommended:

120v Or 220v base unit
120v Or 220v Amp ( not afraid to push some power ) Antenna

If there is another medium I should consider broadcasting over, please
let me know.

Thanks, The Duck!

If you contact this number: 202-418-1160, and let them know what you
want to do, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you.

Old December 10th 10, 11:13 PM
Junior Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
MapleDuck wrote:
I am big on the net. I would like to share tech. with locals in my area.
broadcasting seems to be a very simple way of relaying information
across said county. Ill need to patch in an AUX audio feed for
programing. do not want to register with the FCC. CB is what I need from
what I know. What is a simple& recommended:

120v Or 220v base unit
120v Or 220v Amp ( not afraid to push some power )
Antenna

If there is another medium I should consider broadcasting over, please
let me know.

Thanks, The Duck!

http://icecast.org/faq.php

Kwak!
I am already Streaming via the net. Many of the people here do not have high speed connections. I want to patch in my Net. Stream in & broadcast it via radio wave.
Old December 10th 10, 11:20 PM
Junior Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post

I See, Since I can find anyone who is not an asshole to answer a few simple questions, I will do the research my self. thanks every one for no help @ all. Have fun loosing ground to cell towers and the internet.

Old December 11th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:20:32 +0000, MapleDuck rearranged some electrons to
say:

-
[...]

If you're planning on performing illegal activity why would you expect
law-abiding people to help you?
Old December 11th 10, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:24:23 +0000, MapleDuck wrote:

I am big on the net. I would like to share tech. with locals in my area.
broadcasting seems to be a very simple way of relaying information
across said county. Ill need to patch in an AUX audio feed for
programing. do not want to register with the FCC. CB is what I need from
what I know. What is a simple & recommended:

120v Or 220v base unit
120v Or 220v Amp ( not afraid to push some power ) Antenna

If there is another medium I should consider broadcasting over, please
let me know.

Thanks, The Duck!

For about $25/hour, you can get onto shortwave and be heard all over the
world. Try WWCR at 100000 watts. They may be only $12/hour. Cult of
subgenius uses them. just don't say -****- all the time. http://
www.wwcr.com/buying-airtime.html

Or you can spend $$$$ for 100watts and have the FCC grab it a week later
when they raid your house
Old January 1st 11, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

--
MapleDuck

A hefty fine and a possible jail sentence!