Old April 22nd 04, 11:47 PM

Default DSP in IF Stage?

There's a number of commercial amateur transceivers that have
DSP in the audio stages but do any have DSP in the IF before the
detector/AGC?

73 Don K6LTS
address in QRZ database
Old April 23rd 04, 12:08 AM
Ken Taylor

wrote in message
There's a number of commercial amateur transceivers that have
DSP in the audio stages but do any have DSP in the IF before the
detector/AGC?

73 Don K6LTS
address in QRZ database

It can certainly can be done, it's pretty common now for radios to use DSP
at up to even a couple of hundred MHz. Whether there are ham txrs with this
I'm unsure of.

Ken

Old April 23rd 04, 12:51 AM
Ron M Nelson

The Icom 746pro and 756proII both use DSP in the IF stage. I use the
756pro and it's a wonderful rig.
73 Ron KN0R

Old April 23rd 04, 04:13 AM
Ed G

The Icom 746pro and 756proII both use DSP in the IF stage. I use the
756pro and it's a wonderful rig.

So is the 746Pro. I have never had a better Rx. The noise reduction and
filtering capability can not be beat by any other rig even close to this
price range.

Ed WB6SAT

Old April 23rd 04, 05:50 PM
KA9CAR

In my Kachina the second IF is under 100 khtz , this is where the dsp is.
the dsp does the detection.
KA9CAR

.248...

Old April 23rd 04, 10:20 PM
Steve Nosko

The TS-2000 has a 12KHz IF feeding the DSP. All those old hardware tasks
done in software now.

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.