Old May 4th 04, 12:15 PM
Al W2JUV

Default Alinco parts

Does anyone know where to buy parts for Alinco radios? I've sent them
e-mails, they don't answer. I call their number (425-557-9611) on the west
coast and they
don't answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Al,
W2JUV

Old May 4th 04, 08:59 PM
Steve Wolf

Be careful what you ask for. I finally got them to answer and quote me a
price on a new battery for my DJ-C5. The radio retails for something like
$125. The battery, with shipping, ends up at about $60. OUCH.

73,
Steve, W8IZ

(Battery stores do NOT carry the battery. If anyone would like to prove me
wrong, PLEASE do. See www.w8iz.com/ham/alinco )

Old May 4th 04, 09:42 PM
Tommy Martin

Try this place. It's the authorized repair center and they have some parts.

www.therfshop.com

Tommy
N5ZNO

Old May 5th 04, 05:03 AM
Steve Wolf

The VX150 battery can be had for around $35-40. Never mind that (and never
mind printers).

This is not a "battery pack" but an internally mounted device that has no
other supplier. This is a part, a device. You can't go to one of a dozen
or so battery suppliers and order one up. You are dependent on Alinco.
Alinco is having a VERY difficult time maintaining parts. The costs of the
parts is unusually high. This makes the problem significant to anyone who
might hope to fix an Alinco themselves. I hope that made the problem
clearer.

That being said, I suspect I'll buy another DJ-C5 at Dayton.

73,
Steve, W8IZ

Every Single HT being sold for under $200, by every mfgr is similar in

this
regard. For example, the "Direct Yaesu" price for a replacement battery

for
their current $125 VX-150 2M ht is $59 + shppg, bringing that one closer

$70! You'll probably still pay $50 even from a "discounter", for that

original
Yaesu Battery.

Old May 5th 04, 04:05 PM
Al W2JUV

Thanks Tommy

The RF Shop is the right source.

Al, W2JUV

Old May 5th 04, 07:47 PM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 4 May 2004 07:15:13 -0400, "Al W2JUV"
wrote:

Does anyone know where to buy parts for Alinco radios? I've sent them
e-mails, they don't answer. I call their number (425-557-9611) on the west
coast and they
don't answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Al,
W2JUV

Don't know if this will help, but go to http://www.aesham.com/ and see
their note on Alinco service.