Old May 16th 04, 01:10 PM
Bob

Default Heathkit manual help please?

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a look at the Heathkit SB220 Manuals? I
would like to see the schematics on this unit especially interested in the
transformer's primary and secondary hook ups.
Any one know a link where I can find the service manual or operators manual?
Thanks
Bob

Old May 16th 04, 03:02 PM
Caveat Lector

See BAMA URL:
http://bama.sbc.edu/heath.htm

--
Caveat Lector Ya All

Amateur Radio is the best back-up
communications system in the world,
and that's the way it is. Walter Cronkite

Old May 16th 04, 03:02 PM
Caveat Lector

See BAMA URL:
http://bama.sbc.edu/heath.htm

Old May 17th 04, 02:25 PM
Bob

Thank you very much, I found the files on a mirror site to the Bama site. It
was able to work for me and I was able to print it out and spent all day
yesterday cleaning this old linear and following the instructions to its
operations (that is my next problem). Seems the Ampere meter didn't move. I
was only able to power it with 120v and I just couldn't get it to work for
me. I do not believe that the unit has worked or been used in 20 years. I
was driving it with about 100 watts but it just wouldn't do anything for me.
The tubes lit up, the fan doesn't seem to move, I oiled that and tried to
get that to move, but I do not think that will do it. I think it needs a new
fan, possibly new tubes. We will take it one step at a time.
Thanks for all the help.

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
ink.net...
If the BAMA link don't work for you, drop me a e-mail and I will scan

what
you want.

Dan/W4NTI