RadioBanter

-   -   Help request-- Kenwood TH22AT wont Xmit on certain freq (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/16303-help-request-kenwood-th22at-wont-xmit-certain-freq.html)

surfbored May 22nd 04 07:40 PM

Help request-- Kenwood TH22AT wont Xmit on certain freq

I have modified my TH22AT to increase the Xmit range according to the
instructions he http://www.frn.net/tech/mods/qrz/th22at.txt

but it still won't Xmit on freqs above 151.995. I can recieve but not Xmit.

Are there further mods I have to make?

Please reply by posting-- thanks!

May 23rd 04 03:59 PM

I will give you a clue...look at the "idle" voltage in the VCO. Your a "Ham"
you can make it work.

Ed May 23rd 04 05:33 PM

I have modified my TH22AT to increase the Xmit range according to the
instructions he http://www.frn.net/tech/mods/qrz/th22at.txt

but it still won't Xmit on freqs above 151.995. I can recieve but
not

Xmit.

Are there further mods I have to make?

Answer is Yes! There are many rigs where the MARS mod only takes it
to the 151.995 limit. I've had a few in the past, TH22A was one of
them.

Go to: http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=434

Be prepared to do a bit more than just cutting a jumper wire.

Ed WB6SAT

Pete KE9OA May 28th 04 07:09 AM

What is "idle" voltage? I don't think I've heard that term before. You have
certain min-max voltages for your tune voltage, depending on the K/V
characteristic of the VCO. Are you talking about
V_Tune_Center?

Pete

. com...