Old May 22nd 04, 07:40 PM
surfbored

Default Help request-- Kenwood TH22AT wont Xmit on certain freq

I have modified my TH22AT to increase the Xmit range according to the
instructions he http://www.frn.net/tech/mods/qrz/th22at.txt

but it still won't Xmit on freqs above 151.995. I can recieve but not Xmit.

Are there further mods I have to make?

Please reply by posting-- thanks!

Old May 23rd 04, 05:33 PM
Ed

I have modified my TH22AT to increase the Xmit range according to the
instructions he http://www.frn.net/tech/mods/qrz/th22at.txt

but it still won't Xmit on freqs above 151.995. I can recieve but
not

Xmit.

Are there further mods I have to make?

Answer is Yes! There are many rigs where the MARS mod only takes it
to the 151.995 limit. I've had a few in the past, TH22A was one of
them.

Go to: http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=434

Be prepared to do a bit more than just cutting a jumper wire.

Ed WB6SAT

Old May 26th 04, 05:15 AM
surfbored

Thanks. After reviewing those instructions I've come up with a novel
solution: next paycheck, I'm buying a Yaesu.

"Ed" wrote...

Old May 28th 04, 07:09 AM
Pete KE9OA

What is "idle" voltage? I don't think I've heard that term before. You have
certain min-max voltages for your tune voltage, depending on the K/V
characteristic of the VCO. Are you talking about
V_Tune_Center?

Pete

. com...