Old May 29th 04, 04:05 PM
CLinT

Default Radio controlled desk clocks?

Anyone know of a source for radio controlled desk clocks 24 hour
format?

Thanks,
CLinT
remove ... "SO" to reply
Old May 29th 04, 05:28 PM
Dave Edwards

Just those crappy LCD things.
That is a market that is waiting for an entrepreneur to make money in.
AC line voltage, LED or fluorescent display, with battery backup and a
reference output. Similar to the old Heathkit most accurate clock, but with
the 60 khz receiver!
I'd buy one right away!!
....Dave

Old May 29th 04, 10:26 PM
Allodoxaphobia

"CLinT" wrote in message
Anyone know of a source for radio controlled desk clocks 24 hour
format?

Thanks,
CLinT

_Not_ to follow-up on the previous, incoherent top-poster.

Try:
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=wwvh+clock+lcd&hl=en

73
Jonesy
Old May 29th 04, 10:26 PM
Allodoxaphobia

Old May 30th 04, 07:48 PM
Newsgroup Lurker

Its not 24 hrs but...
Use this link to open a browser window for free shipping..
http://www.SharperImage.com/us/en/in...equestid=57160
Remember: To get free shipping, first close any browser with a window to the
Sharper Image website. Has to do with cookies I think...

Under the search box there is a "Catalog Quick Order" button. Then Search
for Item ET255YYY for a large display Date-Time-Seconds that works on the
WWVB Co signal. It is a Radio Controlled Atomic Alarm Clock running on 2 AA
batteries.

Not bad for 9.95 shipped. IMHO.

Here is a link to see what it looks like:
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...Y&pid=37134400

"This slim, lightweight and ultra-precise radio-controlled alarm clock sets
itself automatically to the U.S. Atomic Clock's WWVB radio signal from the
National Institute of Standards and Technology in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Displays time with running seconds and date in large, easy-to-read numbers
on an LCD screen. Automatically accounts for Daylight Saving Time. With one
touch, you can instantly display the correct time in any of the four
continental U.S. time zones.

Clock is automatically set by radio once daily; or press the "wave" button
to begin an active search for the WWVB signal. Outside the continental U.S.,
the quartz clock can be set manually. Press anywhere on the front panel to
illuminate the LCD screen. Runs on 2 AA batteries (included). Measures 3
1/2" x 2 1/2" x 5" and weighs 7 oz. 90-day warranty. "

Old June 3rd 04, 06:03 AM
Newsgroup Lurker

The bumped it back up to 19.XX

Old June 3rd 04, 06:03 AM