RadioBanter

-   -   Unbelievable a My story (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/16701-unbelievable-my-story.html)

Mike Andrews June 16th 04 04:07 PM

Minnie Bannister wrote:
How come in so many newsgroups I keep seeing complaints about alleged
spam messages that I have never seen?

Maybe you're one of those lucky souls whose news provider runs
Cleanfeed.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin

R. Scott June 16th 04 05:16 PM

Minnie Bannister wrote:

How come in so many newsgroups I keep seeing complaints about alleged
spam messages that I have never seen?

MB

easy, Your on Supernews. The admins there are AONE Top notch, they kill
USNET spam on contact pretty much.

--
Rick N7HJ
Everett, Washington

Zoran Dimitrijevic June 17th 04 09:56 AM

I known this.
Much spams is closed for my...
But I not have scare, becouse this outlast 2 year.
Thanks...

Zoran Dimitrijevic June 17th 04 09:56 AM

I known this.

[email protected] June 17th 04 06:26 PM

R. Scott,

Looking at the Supernews website I see that they offer their service
to ISP's. How would one find out if their ISP uses them? I don't see
much spam, but I haven't been active here for long. As you can tell
from my e-mail address I use Charter, but the notvalid is because I
don't use that e-mail account. I use my University account which has
descent spam filters. (I know that Supernews doesn't do e-mail, I was
just curious)

Carey

KI4DVI

Mike Andrews June 17th 04 06:38 PM

wrote:
R. Scott,

Looking at the Supernews website I see that they offer their service
to ISP's. How would one find out if their ISP uses them? I don't see
much spam, but I haven't been active here for long. As you can tell
from my e-mail address I use Charter, but the notvalid is because I
don't use that e-mail account. I use my University account which has
descent spam filters. (I know that Supernews doesn't do e-mail, I was
just curious)

The best, and probably the easiest, way is to ask your ISP.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin

Mike Andrews June 18th 04 05:34 PM

Mike Andrews wrote:
wrote:
R. Scott,

Looking at the Supernews website I see that they offer their service
to ISP's. How would one find out if their ISP uses them? I don't see
much spam, but I haven't been active here for long. As you can tell
from my e-mail address I use Charter, but the notvalid is because I
don't use that e-mail account. I use my University account which has
descent spam filters. (I know that Supernews doesn't do e-mail, I was
just curious)

The best, and probably the easiest, way is to ask your ISP.

Apologies for following up to my own post, but I find that this Person
from Porlock^WPoland is trying to send mail to me. The two I got from
him, before I put up a sendmail rule to deny him access, were as fully
incomprehensible as anything I've seen him post to any group.

If you run your own mailserver, then something like this (sendmail-
specific) may be in order:

where the tab represents a tab character.

Similar rules for the other E-mail addresses given in his mail to me
might prove useful:

If you don't run your own mailserver, but can pre-emptively declare
certain addresses to be undesirable, then you may want to consider
doing so with all three of these.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin