Old September 25th 11, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Tower advice please?/

Hi,
I have a big self supporting tower in the yard, it is grounded by grounding
rods and of course itself. I am attaching two satelite dishes to the tower.
The most practical way is using 2x4 wood, this will work great just screwing
them to the wood and it will squeeze itself to the brackets and support
nicely. I am wondering about the connection to the tower because there will
not be grounded to the tower. There wont be any connection (metal to metal)
form the satelite dish and the tower, that leads me to believe that the only
grounding would be the shielded cable which gets grounded to the nice new
50" plazma.

My question is should i ground that? Should the satelite dish itself be
grounded to the tower? Is there any reason for this? Safety wise or
interference wise? It would be very simple to do, but not sure if I should
or want to. Please give me advice as to either ground the dish to tower or
not to. Does anyone think there will be issues? Should I or shouldn't I?

Thanks for any advice.