Old September 20th 04, 05:48 PM
N7RX

Default Cross-band repeat & NBFM HTs

I need a multi-band HT that does cross band repeat and has narrow-band FM
capability. Look like the IC-w32a is the only one that meets this spec.
Anybody know of another?

If not cross-band capable, how about a multi-band that is NBFM capable?

73 Neal N7RX

Old September 20th 04, 10:56 PM
Jim, N2VX

Neal,

Does multi-band include dual band, 2 meters+440? What do you mean by
narrow? A few dual-banders I know of with crossband repeat:
Yaesu FT-51
Kenwood TH-77

I think the Kenwood TH-75 does crossband repeat with a mod. Also
check with a TH-78 owner.

One warning: Most HT's have minimal heatsinks and heat up very fast.
Keep the output power low, don't talk a lot or both.

73,
Jim

Old September 22nd 04, 10:26 PM
N7RX

I'm not sure why you think the F6 meets my specs - it has neither
cross-band repeat nor NBFM.

t...