Old September 17th 04, 12:48 AM
Thierry

Default Bad appreciation of ten-tec ORION ?

Hi,

After have published some articlesabout RTX selection and sensitivity, etc
on my website, some readers complain about the poor quality of the new
TEC-TEC ORION that some users judged exceptional, including ON4UN.

They speak about PTT swich failing, bug on screen, voice recording failure
and more.

Do you have other bad experience with the ORION. Up to now I placed it among
the best high-end, but these amateurs who used previuoulsy a TS-850S or a
1000MP told me that it is far to be meet specs read in ads and doesn't
deserve its high price...

On eham, orion is rated 4.7/5 on 43 reviews, so rather good or even very
good.

Now that the Orion is released for several months, if you own and have used
it for several months (not a few hours like some users) do you have any new
comment going in the same (bad) direction... or on the contrary you confirm
the good quality of the TX and RX ?

Thanks in advance

Thierry, ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-transceiver.htm