Old October 6th 04, 03:30 AM
Dick

Default Need help with VHF transmitter kit

Looking at the specifications, the problem should be having too much
signal, not too little. What kind of antenna are you using on the TV?
Is it pointed at the transmitter?

Dick - W6CCD

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:11:17 -0600, mndflmr
wrote:

Hello all,
Recently I purchased a low-power VHF transmitter kit from Ramsey.
After building this kit, I have discovered that it will not work for
my purpose. I am trying to transmit audio and video about 20 feet from
a satellite receiver to my bedroom. The power output from the
transmitter is so low that the picture quality is very poor. I am a
novice and I am hoping the experts that use these newsgroups can help
me. I will post a link to the Ramsey kit manual. Will some of you
guys please take a look at this manual, and suggest some simple
(hopefully) methods to increase the power of this transmitter? There
is no chance of interference with the neighbors, as my nearest
neighbor is far away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you
want to email the response, please send it to

Here is the link to the kit manual:
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/dow...anuals/TV6.pdf

Thanks for any help

Joe