RadioBanter

-   -   Heathkit Active Audio Filter FS (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/187753-re-heathkit-active-audio-filter-fs.html)

[email protected] August 18th 12 02:02 AM

Heathkit Active Audio Filter FS

On Sunday, December 20, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Leonard Martin wrote:
Model HD1418 Active Audio Filter -- dates from 1988.

Assembled solid-state unit in mint condition. Attractive design. Has
bandwidth settings for CW, SSB, and RTTY. The CW filter includes a tunable
notch/peak filter with variable BW. The unit also has high and lowcut
capabilities to get rid of "rumble" and "hiss". It has its own audio
amplifier.

Very dark brown metal with red and white lettering--no plastic! Coordinates
with the Heathkit rigs of the era. In perfect cosmetic condition. I packed
it carefully away in a cool closet, along with several other high-quality
items, when I changed my main interest from ham radio to computers shortly
after I assembled it. You get the manual with it.

Asking $100

73
Leonard Martin
WD5DNQ

--
Everything that rises must converge.
Flannery O'Connor

I realize this post is 14 years old. Did you ever sell the HD-1418?

Michael Black[_2_] August 19th 12 04:30 AM

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, wrote:

On Sunday, December 20, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Leonard Martin wrote:

I realize this post is 14 years old. Did you ever sell the HD-1418?

So why would you expect someone to still be here after fourteen years?

Since people have always believed this was a buy and sell newsgroup, it
isn't, there's massive turnover since most posts are hit and run. But
even among regulars, there can't be many of us from back then who still
check this newsgroup. And those are likely to be the ones who actually
participate(d) in discussion here, not the advertisers.

And why does it matter? Even if the guy is still reading the newsgroup,
why would you care whether he sold it or not? If he didn't, it was likely
tossed long ago.

All you idots replying to old messages, why don't you just find the
original poster and email them if you really so badly have to ask about an
old message?

Michael VE2BVW