Old October 11th 04, 06:35 PM
Ben Bangerter

Default TS940S problem

Today I was just listining on 20M and the receiver audio output dropped
to the ever-present noise level. I noticed that the VFO display showed
seven dots (the decimal points) rather than digits. When the tuning
knob is turned, the frequency display comes back and behaves normally,
but after tuning is stopped, perhaps 1 second, the display reverts to 7
dots. This is in all modes on all bands. I thought it might be the
battery backup for the RAM, but I opened up digital unit A and the
battery reads 3.26 V, which should be fine. I have the service manual
for the rig, and could find no suggestion of what the problem might be.
Has anyone experienced such behavior with a TS940S?

Ben Bangerter K0IKR

Old October 12th 04, 12:55 AM
Glenn AA5PK

Got to http://www.kenwood.net/indexKenwood....&FileCatID= 1
and check the application notes for TS-940 PLL unlock. They recommend removing the ROM socket to
cure this problem.
73 de Glenn AA5PK