RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood TH-G71 Mods (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/19297-kenwood-th-g71-mods.html)

Ed November 2nd 04 08:25 PM

Is it legal to modify your Kenwood to transmit on that frequency? From a
technical standpoint, is it worth it?

From a practical standpoint, I found it is. I used my modified HT as a
test tool hundreds of times instead of hauling out my IFR. It saved me, my
employer, and my customers a lot of time over the years.

Incidently, my HT was capable of transmit low power at 30 milliwatts
level, which was very useful plus kept the signal from going far.

Ed