Old October 29th 04, 01:45 AM
ULpilotSC

Default trouble with dx-440/sangean 803a

I have a blown transistor in my sangean 803a (actually radio shack dx-440). It
is a small transistor (number Q307 on the board), on the small audio board that
connects to the batteries and the wall adapter socket. The only markings on the
transistor are 808 (across the top), and F E1 across the bottom. Tracing the
circuit paths I figured out the is a PNP transistor, and because it connects to
the NEC C1316C audio amp, I figure it is some type of AF transistor. The
problem is, I cant find a description of it anywhere, and I dont know what a
suitable substitution for it would be. If anyone has any information on what I
could use as a substitute, I would be much appreciative. I know this transistor
is the problem, because part of the back and top sectioin of it is missing (its
what happenes when you plug a dx-440 into a wall jack with the wrong polarity).
The radio clock runs, and I can change channels, etc. I just cant hear any
sound from it. Help! If you have an old blown up dx-440, I would love to have
q307.... hahahah.

-m.

AM fone.net trouble? Carl WA1KPD Boatanchors 0 December 24th 04 03:23 AM
trouble with dx-440/sangean 803a ULpilotSC Equipment 6 October 31st 04 01:29 AM
Yeasu ATAS-120 trouble WG Antenna 1 September 26th 04 03:58 PM
dual cb antenna is it worth the trouble [email protected] Antenna 4 July 20th 04 06:34 PM
Kenwood TM-2550A trouble Claudio Adra Equipment 4 October 7th 03 11:01 PM