Old November 16th 04, 05:36 AM
Carl

Default Heathkit Handheld Radio

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to find a specific
Heathkit radio, but I don't know the model number. Here's the

It was a 2m handheld radio, about 5-6 inches high. It covered the
entire 2m band (144-148). To select the frequency, there were three
different "thumb dials" on the top of the radio. The first was the
4-8 for the MHz, followed by the first two of the kHz. For +/- 5khz,
there was a button that you had to push, also on the top. There was
no LCD display, nor was there a DTMF pad (unless one was installed
after the fact).

I am looking because I had purchased this radio (my first radio) used
from an older ham in 1995, but something happened to it after all
these years, and I can't find it anywhere... so I'm trying to find
another one. However, I won't be able to find it unless I know the
model number. Pictures would be of a great help (just e-mail them to
me if you can). I really appreciate everyone's help on this. Thanks!

73's
Carl
KE4ZCL