RadioBanter

-   -   Help measuring freq of 2m rig? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/19759-help-measuring-freq-2m-rig.html)

JB November 26th 04 10:25 PM

I have already mentioned in another post that your problem may be
unresolvable as normal phenomenon. In fact in the Greater Los
Angeles basin are there are numerous repeaters on every frequency
(CTCSS tone protection required) and it is considered "Liddy" to DX
repeaters as it ties up local co-channel or adjacent channel
repeaters. It should be noted that our co-ordination body inverts
the input/output pair for adjacent 15 kHz repeaters for that reason.

Your best bet might be to use a 22 element or longer beam with
greatly reduced power. I routinely keep the TS2000 set to 5 watts
(lowest) rather than 100 watts and use a beam because I have some
elevation.

For your peace of mind, I am a certified technician (NABR, GROL,
PCIA) with many years experience with Motorola, Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu,
BK, Midland and numerous proprietary systems. I can perform
diagnostic testing and corrective adjustments or repairs of all key
performance parameters, including before and after documented
measurements for the mere sum of $50, ship to my address with prepaid
return. Please ship in sturdy box, wrapping unit with microphone in
order to provide a minimum of 3" of bubble or Styrofoam packing (no
shredded or crumpled paper, it will settle in shipment). If there
are serious malfunctions that would be beyond that flat rate, there
would be no charge at all pending your approval. Payal is preferred
because it works and provides card services that are safer than your
local stores.

I personally perform and guarantee the work myself and that my time
is not subsidized by crime, your taxes, or any conspiracy to subvert
the US economy.

J. Bradshaw
35011 Avenue E, #81
Yucaipa, CA 92399
(909) 797 2708

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
I live about 15 miles from the N0KTA 146.715
repeater. I like to talk to the 146.700 repeater in
Pratt, KS (about 95 miles).

Problem is that when I transmit on 146.100 for
the Pratt machine, I inadvertantly also key up the
146.715 machine.

At first I suspected my transmitter was off freq so
I tested 3 other repeaters - 145.370 at 1/2 mile
away, 146.895 at 1 mile away and 146.850 at
3 miles away. On all three tests, I could key up
those machines as long as I was +/- LESS than 15
khz from the correct input freq. On all 3 when I
went to the next channel (15 khz spacing) up or
down, I could not key up the machine.

I also did a simplex test with an OP about 1/2 mile
away. I tx'ed DTMF #5 for 30 seconds while he
moved above and below my freq. He reported
he lost my signal as soon as he got more than 10 khz
from me. He also reported that the signal levels at
10 khz were equal between + and - .

All these tests were done with a known good antenna
& new CQ-102 coax. Rig is a 1 year old Kenwood
TM-271A. All tests were done at an indicated 68 w
which is about normal for hi power from this rig.

I'll refrain from using the Pratt repeater until this is
fixed.

My question is this - have I done enough to assume
that the problem is not on my end? Sending in my
rig for service monitor testing would be difficult & a
genuine pain in the neck.

Ken KG0WX