Old December 2nd 04, 03:34 PM

Default Hiw to tell if I have ssb capability

I have someone that uses 144.260 he calls "ssb". I dont know if I have
this cabibility. I have an icom radio about 3 years old. It is an entry
level I think. I can tune to 144.260. Does this mean I can talk on SSB?

Old December 2nd 04, 03:44 PM
Hamguy

If you do have Single Sideband (SSB), there will be either a 'Mode' switch,
or a 'SSB' switch on the radio. If it doesn't have this switch, then it's an
FM only rig.

oups.com...

Old December 2nd 04, 03:52 PM
Noise From Afar

Well if the rig is capable of SSB -- there should be a control that allows
you to select: USB/LSB -- FM -- CW -- maybe AM
i.e., an all mode

Otherwise look at the ICOM site for specs
http://www.icomamerica.com/amateur/

OR go to e-ham reviews URL:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/

Next time include the ICOM model number -- helps us to respond to you

73 and Happy Holidays

--
ruido de icógnito

oups.com...