Old November 20th 04, 02:41 PM
gil

Default Best noise blanker

I had a recent experience with impulse static in my area that became a
good test for a rig's noise blanker. Being a ham on a budget none of
my radios are worth over $400. and I found my Ten Tec's noise blanker
to be superior to my entry level Kenwood and Icoms.

The TT Triton 540 wiped out the noise without distorting the signals,
I found it amazing since all my other rigs would only wipe out some of
the noise while introducing distortion to the signal.

Would love to hear opinions on what rig you feel has the best noise
blanker out there.

Gil

Best noise blanker gil Equipment 6 November 21st 04 02:36 AM
Best noise blanker gil Equipment 0 November 20th 04 02:41 PM
FS Drake R4-C Noise Blanker [email protected] Boatanchors 1 September 2nd 04 03:27 AM
FS: Drake TR-4 w/ noise blanker EdT Boatanchors 0 November 19th 03 04:27 PM
IC-706 MKIIg noise blanker Equipment 0 October 31st 03 06:57 PM