Old December 19th 04, 01:03 PM
J. Hugh Sullivan

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 03:36:03 GMT, "Phil Schuman"
wrote:

tnx for the list -
but the last time I had a low band rig was a HT40 and HQ-110
I really like the idea of small size, along with some 2m capability

What are the general comments about these rigs, and prices

tnx - Phil - WA9TKA

They all work and the differences are minor.
Some good buys:
Kenwood TS-120, 130, 140, TS-430 or TS-440
Icom IC-703, IC-735, 725, IC-706, IC-751
Yaesu FT-817, FT-100, FT-747, 757

I have the Kenwood TS-440S and Icom IC-735 and like them both. I
bought the Icom first and, probably for that reason, like it a little
better. I had a Yaesu before them and liked it, too. I have a small 10
meter rig and a converted CB 10 meter rig I take to Alabama some
times. I have a Yaesu 2 meter and an Icom handheld 2 meter.

I used the Icom at home and the Kenwood in the car.when I had a
passenger car vice an SUV.

Hugh

Old January 17th 05, 09:48 PM
KA6PNL

We take ours to summer camp when we go as a medic. The boys really enjoy
it. We hang a inverted v in the trees so no one see it. Great shot over
shaver lake, CA

Ed

Ponder my word carefully
"Phil Schuman" wrote in message
. com...
Wonder if there are any other Hams that have managed to take their rigs on
Boy Scout campout and got the Scouts interested in Ham Radio, or even
Morse
Code ? We have two Hams in our Troop, and we have thought about doing the
JOTA in October, along with dragging a rig to our indoor/cabin camping
weekends, and something during good weather. Also, what would be a good
rig
to drag out to these camping events....