Old December 19th 04, 04:46 PM
gibberdill

Default Trouble with Ameritron AL-811H Oscillating!

My new AL-811H oscillates on the highest 3 band switch positions--20, 15 and
10 meters. This is without exciter drive. Plate current goes from zilch to
300 mA and grid meter goes NEGATIVE. This is a grounded grid design with
four 811 tubes in parallel. Power output as read on my tuner also shows RF
is being generated (what frequency, I can only guess). This problem seems
to be new after switching the primary to the 240 V configuration, which
incidentally boosted the plate from 1600 to 1800 V--perhaps too much for the
811 tubes?

I contacted Ameritron and hope to hear from them this week. Has anyone had
the same thing happen?

Old December 30th 04, 01:32 PM
Gary

gibberdill wrote:
My new AL-811H oscillates on the highest 3 band switch positions--20, 15 and
10 meters. This is without exciter drive. Plate current goes from zilch to
300 mA and grid meter goes NEGATIVE. This is a grounded grid design with
four 811 tubes in parallel. Power output as read on my tuner also shows RF
is being generated (what frequency, I can only guess). This problem seems
to be new after switching the primary to the 240 V configuration, which
incidentally boosted the plate from 1600 to 1800 V--perhaps too much for the
811 tubes?

I contacted Ameritron and hope to hear from them this week. Has anyone had
the same thing happen?

The AL811H will run just fine on 120 volts

Yeasu ATAS-120 trouble WG Antenna 1 September 26th 04 03:58 PM
FS: Ameritron 2.5 KW QSK5 Unit Lew/ K1NDV Boatanchors 0 May 14th 04 08:36 PM
Ameritron QSK5 1500w qsk unit Lew/ K1NDV Equipment 0 April 24th 04 07:08 PM
Ameritron QSK5 1500w qsk unit Lew/ K1NDV Equipment 0 April 24th 04 07:08 PM
ameritron als 500 amp! El Asesor Equipment 1 August 3rd 03 06:35 PM