Old April 15th 14, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default icom ic 2340

i just obtained an IC 2340 dual band, and it came with a HM-77 DTMF mic. can anyone tell me the color code for wiring this mic to the 8 pin modular plug? Cant find it anywhere.
Thank you
Old April 26th 14, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
Frank Staffa wrote:

i just obtained an IC 2340 dual band, and it came with a HM-77 DTMF mic. can
anyone tell me the color code for wiring this mic to the 8 pin modular plug?
Cant find it anywhere.
Thank you

Frank-

Sorry I could not respond sooner, as I've been out of town.

I do not have the HM-77, but have several other Icom microphones with
modular connectors. *Note: The HM-77 connection shown on page 5 of the
IC-2340 manual only shows 7 of 8 pins being used. It is possible the
microphone could be used with some other radio that uses all 8 pins.

Comparing the other modular microphones with HM-77 data, here is my best
guess for color codes. Except for pins 3 and 8, it seems to be common
with the others with respect to function. (Pins 3 and 8 are used for
various functions on the different microphones.)

Pin 1 RED (+8V)
Pin 2 BROWN (Frequency Up/Dn)
Pin 3 YELLOW (AF Det)
Pin 4 GREEN (PTT)
Pin 5 Microphone Shield, may have BLACK insulation
Pin 6 WHITE (Microphone Signal)
Pin 7 BLUE (PTT Ground)
Pin 8 No Connection. *If you have an 8th wire, put it here. Pin 8 is
GRAY or BLACK on other microphones.

If you hold the modular connector with the tab toward you and cord at
the bottom, pins are 8-1 going left to right. This should agree with
the numbering of the panel connector front view shown in the manual.

73,
Fred
K4DII