Old December 22nd 04, 06:14 PM
Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Dave wrote:

You failed to indicated if the interference is
present when your own repeater transmitter is off.
First order of business is to eliminate the
non-offending variables. If the interference
is present with the repeater transmitter off,
then it is possible that high-level mixing
is taking place in the final amp of the paging
transmitter or another RF source in close proximity
to your repeater. If you find this is the case,
it can likely be resolved by installing a ferrite
circulator in the line of the offending transmitter.
This will keep the mixing frequency from traveling
down the feedline and entering the final amp
and mixing with another frequency to produce
the "rogue" frequency that is causing the trouble.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

And this would required to be done by the FCC, when it was reported to
them. The licensee is REQUIRED to make sure that his Transmitter is
NOT emitting interfering emmissions, and he will certainly fix it as
soon as he is notified of his problem.

Bruce in alaska who used to be an FCC Field Agent.....
--
add a 2 before @
Old December 22nd 04, 06:17 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:40:50 GMT, Mike wrote:
If the problem was generated in your transmitter from mixing with the
paging transmitters it will usually only occur when your repeater
transmitter is on. --snip--

That's the problem we have 'round here. The only repeater for miles,
and it's on 147.120 - output. Guess what happens when fellers try
to use 142.520...
As you alluded to -- it only happens when the Rptr Xmitter goes "on".
Then the xmisson on 146.520 will hold it "UP". But, of course the rptr
xmitter will go "ON" for ID purposes -- at a minimum 9.999 minutes
after the last rptr use -- for ID purposes. That, plus the fact that
the "hang time" on the rptr is enough to carry over between the
rapid "OVER's" betwix the fellas on .52, means it's A REAL PITA.

No matter to me, tho'. I've totally forsaken F3 here.

73 es Happy Shopping Season
Jonesy
Old December 22nd 04, 06:17 PM
Allodoxaphobia