Old November 28th 15, 11:43 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Everything too small?

Are the controls on today's rigs too small and too closely packed together?

How about if we had the same controls, and the same density of component
electronics
but spread out over a front panel, say, 1 ft wide and 8 inches high?

Wouldn't that be easier to deal with?

Old November 29th 15, 07:57 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"gareth" wrote:
Are the controls on today's rigs too small and too closely packed together?

How about if we had the same controls, and the same density of component
electronics
but spread out over a front panel, say, 1 ft wide and 8 inches high?

Wouldn't that be easier to deal with?

***Project Shun Notice***
Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has been placed under a global shunning order by
Project Shun for his continual, deranged trolling.
Please help us make Usenet better by not responding to his malicious and
lunatic postings.
With thanks, Team Project Shun.
***end***

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old November 29th 15, 11:22 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , turdey
escribió:

Is this really how we want to portray amateur radio in the UK?

How about asking Evans the same question?

I portray amateur radio as a technical pursuit for gentlemen,
both concepts of which seem to be alien to you with your daily
output of personal attacks.

Old November 29th 15, 11:30 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"gareth" wrote:

Old November 29th 15, 01:33 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

En el artículo , turdey
escribió:

I gave up asking him that a while ago, dead horses and flogging
comes to mind..

Yes, indeed. You can only waste so much time trying to get sense out of
an obsessive monomaniac with a malicious streak.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!

Old November 29th 15, 02:09 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 29/11/2015 12:06, turdey wrote:

That's all we need, the moron has learnt to copy and paste....

To be fair he's learned that quicker than he's learned CW ;-)

--
Extend ****s law - make 'em wear a cheat sheet 24/7
Old November 29th 15, 02:14 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 28/11/2015 23:43, gareth wrote:
Are the controls on today's rigs too small and too closely packed
together?

How about if we had the same controls, and the same density of
component electronics but spread out over a front panel, say, 1 ft
wide and 8 inches high?

The ergonomics of the TS-480 are superb for a small mobile radio a lot
of thought obviously went into its design. The ergonomics of the K3 with
a bigger panel are a disaster.. bloody awful. Size isn't everything ;-)

Wouldn't that be easier to deal with?

My main radios don't have knobs and I don't miss them at all, it is much
more intuitive and handier in todays modern shack to have everything on
screen, IMHO of course.

--
Extend ****s law - make 'em wear a cheat sheet 24/7
Old November 29th 15, 03:44 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 11/29/2015 6:01 AM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , turdey
escribió:

Is this really how we want to portray amateur radio in the UK?

How about asking Evans the same question?

Gareth has a valid question. Of course, the conversation will quickly
degrade intoname calling - but Stephen's posts are just stalking.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old November 29th 15, 03:56 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

escribió:

Is this really how we want to portray amateur radio in the UK?

How about asking Evans the same question?

Gareth has a valid question. Of course, the conversation will quickly
degrade intoname calling - but Stephen's posts are just stalking.

Total gibberish from you there, Jerry. Gareth is posting to groups that I'm
subscribed to and follow. How on Earth am I stalking him? It could be said,
using your logic, that you are stalking that troll who keeps posting under
your name, replying to his every post with your inane "troll alert".

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old November 29th 15, 04:33 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

escribió:

Is this really how we want to portray amateur radio in the UK?

How about asking Evans the same question?

Gareth has a valid question. Of course, the conversation will quickly
degrade intoname calling - but Stephen's posts are just stalking.

Total gibberish from you there, Jerry. Gareth is posting to groups that I'm
subscribed to and follow. How on Earth am I stalking him? It could be said,
using your logic, that you are stalking that troll who keeps posting under
your name, replying to his every post with your inane "troll alert".

If you don't see the difference between exposing a troll using my name
and your "Project Shun", then you're even more stoopid than I thought.

It's a good thing you're not in the United States. Internet stalking
(which is what your posts are considered) is a felony in many jurisdictions.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry, AI0K

FA - Small Transformer kk4tl Boatanchors 0 August 16th 05 05:43 AM
Looking for brains my are small Jennie Antenna 13 July 22nd 05 04:20 AM
Small CB fs CB 2 July 18th 04 02:27 AM
small CB fs CB 1 July 7th 04 04:20 AM
WTB-small amp B.Peter Treml-K8PT Swap 0 November 23rd 03 11:07 PM