Old May 18th 16, 03:24 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [KHSNB] Upminster Windmill on the air

GB0SNB - Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker

Upminster Windmill on the air

http://www.gb0snb.com/wordpress/2016...ll-on-the-air/

National MillsÂ*on the air weekend is a chance to combine amateur radio with
the national windmills open day.Â*Upminster windmillÂ*is our local mill, and
it was a delight to operate on the green opposite the mill once again. The
mill has stood on the green in various guises since 1803, and recently
thanks to the National Lottery Heritage Fund its just securedÂ*large grant
to complete someÂ*restorationÂ*and the building of a education and visitors
centre.

Unfortunately due to the ongoing building work members of the public were
not able to visit the mill this year, but that didn’t stop them coming to
visit us operating radio in the field.

(Back Left Dave M1YOL, From Left John 9H5G, Peter G0IAP, Chris G8OCV and
George M1GEO)

This years event was well attending, with our furthest operator travelling
from Malta to guest operate.Â*John 9H5GÂ*operating left) retired to Malta,
but often travels back to the UK. We were delighted to welcome him to the
team, and he was soon pressed into service on 7 MHz managing the pile-up.

We operated using 2 x Icom 7100, making use of 5, 7, and 14 MHz on HF and
70 and 144 MHz on VHF. Over the course of the weekend we contacted over 30
mills and 150 others stations from all over Europe.

Thanks to everyone we worked, QSL is via eqsl.cc 73