Old December 18th 16, 08:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [QSO Today] ZS6BNE_reprise

QSO Today Amateur RAdio Podcast - Podcasts

ZS6BNE_reprise

http://www.qsotoday.com/podcasts/zs6bne_reprise

Episode 124 - Eddie Leighton - ZS6BNE - in person On a recent trip to
South Africa, I had the great opportunity to have an "eyeball" with Eddie
Leighton, ZS6BNE. Eddie drove from his home QTH in Lichtenburg,
three-hundred kilometers to Johannesburg, where he spent the afternoon of
November 2nd with me. He brought along his "minimalist" RaDAR, or rapid
deployment amateur radio rig to demonstrate how easy it is to carry an HF
radio into the field, set it up, and make contacts. This interview was
recorded with Eddie as we were setting up his rig on the patio of friend's
house in Johannesburg. Show Notes
Listen to Podcast
ZS6BNE Links:Episode 28 - Eddie Leighton -
ZS6BNEZS6BNEs BlogZS6BNE on QRZ.comEddies old websiteRapid Deployment
Amateur Radio (RaDAR)Eddies Minimalist RaDAR Rig:Yaesu FT-817 - 160 meters
to 70 cm, all mode, and perfect for RaDAR40 meter end fed antenna - most
RaDAR is done on 40 metersend fed antenna tuner - Peter Parkers, VK3YE,
portable setup. look at minute 2:00 on the antenna tuner, the same that
Eddie uses.B25 Morse Code KeyLog book with home made log book paper
Larger RaDAR Pack:Yaesu FT-897D TransceiverNo antenna tuner2 painter
poles"Link" Dipole Antenna to communicate on any band12 VDC 7AH battery
Our SSB contact was with Koos, ZS5KDK

The RSS Feed for all audio content from QSO today is available from
here.

Please join our QSO Today community by pressing the button below. It is the
best way to suggest guests and topics, and provide feedback to Eric,
4Z1UG. Join the QSO Today Community
Eric, 4Z1UG and Eddie, ZS6BNE
Johannesburg, South Africa
November 2, 2016 ZS6BNE "minimalist" RaDAR Kit Yaesu FD-817
160 Meters to 70cm All Mode Transceiver

[QSO Today] ZS6BNE_reprise QSO Today via rec.radio.info Admin Dx 0 December 18th 16 08:17 AM
(OT) As of Today, [email protected] Shortwave 0 January 22nd 09 12:35 AM
Around today? Rick General 0 June 16th 05 05:09 PM
Very good daytime reception today on mid SW bands today Telamon Shortwave 0 June 6th 05 05:47 AM
Got a new cb today Fordson Dodge CB 0 March 29th 05 05:25 AM