Old December 23rd 16, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] Bah, Humbug!

W2LJ QRP .... Do More With Less

Bah, Humbug!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet these days, but I
would sincerely hate to think this story is true:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12...pp_bad_review/

I used to be an HRD user, and even went so far as to purchase a license a
couple of years ago, which has since expired for continued support. For my
needs, the software became a bit overblown and I really didn't want to keep
renewing that license for continued support.

I have since returned to using Log4OM, which I had previously tried and
have no intentions of ever turning back! This is my logging program for
now and for the foreseeable future.

Log4OM was developed by Daniele Pistollato – IW3HMH. It is free and is
actually very intuitive and very user friendly, in addition to being
aesthetically appealing, as well. Daniele and his team keep providing
upgrades and support and even offer an excellent User Manual which is
easily downloadable. And if you should ever run into a problem that's not
answered in the manual, there's also an on-line forum on which the
developers keep a close eye. They usually answer questions in a day if not
with in hours, and the team is very friendly and gracious.

If you happen to be one of those people who is a "visual learner", meaning
that it works better for you if you can actually see the program in use,
there are plenty of videos on YouTube which will show you how the program
works. There are also additional videos that go into deeper explanation as
how to use the additional features, such as linking to eQSL and Logbook of
the World.

If you want a free Windows based logging program that is easy on the eyes,
pretty simple to use with a relatively small learning curve - look no
further. Log4OM may be the solution for you!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!