Old January 9th 17, 07:49 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [SDARC] Show & Tell Evening - 12 January 2017

Swindon & District Amateur Radio Club

Show & Tell Evening - 12 January 2017

http://www.sdarc.net/2017/01/08/show...-january-2017/

This Thursday, 12th January, we will be holding a ‘Show & Tell Evening’ at
Pine Trees.

The evening gives members the opportunity to bring along a piece of
equipment, review an item or a piece of software or perhaps speak about
their favourite aspect of the world of radio.

We have three speakers on the 12th, which are Jonathan M0ZGB; Geoff G3TPQ
and Den M0ACM.

Jonathan, M0ZGB

Jonathan is giving us a short presentation on his 1950s Ex RNLI lifeboat
receiver, during which he will tell us about the original concept of the
Type 97 radio set as well as his attempt to discover which lifeboat the
receiver originally came from. He will also take us back to a time when tea
& fried sausages were deemed more interesting than new-fangled radio sets!

Geoff, G3TPQ

Geoff will be speaking to us on the subject of British & German wartime
civilian receivers and will be bringing along an example of each. We are
doubtless all aware of the depth of Geoff’s knowledge on these subjects and
he has also offered to end his talk with a short musical quiz!

Den, M0ACM

If you are still a breathing, well-read amateur, you WILL have heard of SDR
transceivers… The new-ish fangled boxes with a computer attached to process
the signals. Tonight, we will have a look at a new implementation of that
concept – The ICOM 7300…

As there are three speakers on Thursday, we would ideally like to start the
talks at 7.45pm rather than the usual 8pm, so that we have some time for
questions and swap over.

Thursday night will be a good mix of the old and the new with regard to
radio technology, so please join us from 7pm at Pine Trees to see our
speakers deliver their presentations.