Old March 29th 17, 06:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] Ham Cram

W2LJ QRP .... Do More With Less

Ham Cram

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

This coming Saturday, Marv K2VHW and I will be attempting our first one
day "Ham Cram". Normally, we conduct Technician License classes over an
eight week period, one evening a week for two hours with self study in
between sessions.

The group that requested this did not want to go that route. With the
unpredictable winter weather that we have been having, that's
understandable. Instead of the usual routine, we composed a "Technician
Class Self Study Guide" which was issued to all the prospective candidates
a month ahead of time. We broke down the ARRL License Manual into four
manageable chunks. We also provided links to appropriate You Tube videos,
as well as other on line resources to accompany the material in the manual.

The session on Saturday will start at 8:00 AM and will break for a one hour
lunch period at Noon. We will continue on to about 3:30 PM with exams
following at 4:00 PM. The half hour in between will be used to fill out
605 forms and all the other necessary paperwork.

Marv and I will be "going boldly, where we have never gone before"!

Wish us, and our candidates luck!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!