Old February 17th 18, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default [KB6NU] Working on the new Tech study guide

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Working on the new Tech study guide

I rarely go two days without blogging, but Ive been busy with updating the
2018 version of my No Nonsense Technician Class License Study Guide.
Overall, I think that the NCVEC Question Pool Committee (QPC) has done a
good job with this version of the question pool.

Im happy to say that I played at least a small role in this. They gave me a
shot at doing a little copyediting, and I spotted several errors and was
able to suggest re-wording a couple of questions to make them more
understandable and relevant.

For example, there was a question on how to select a power supply. I didnt
think that the question was worded quite right, and I mentioned that to the
QPC. They reworded the entire question, so that now it makes more sense:
T4A01 (D)

What must be considered to determine the minimum current capacity needed
for a transceiver power supply?

A. Efficiency of the transmitter at full power output

B. Receiver and control circuit power

C. Power supply regulation and heat dissipation

D. All of these choices are correct

This question is much more relevant than the question it replaced., T4A01
in the previous question pool was a not-so-useful question on microphone
connectors.

They also updated the questions on digital communications. For example,
they deleted the question on how to connect a terminal node controller in a
packet radio station (T4A06), and added questions about WSJT software and
FT-8.

So, now Im hard at work updating the study guide. If youd be interested in
seeing an advance copy and providing comments, let me know.

The post Working on the new Tech study guide appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.