Old January 13th 20, 11:39 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [RSH] Aerial photos of Cobweb antenna

Radio Society of Harrow

Aerial photos of Cobweb antenna

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2019/01/aeri...obweb-antenna/

Here are some pictures of the clubs antenna at the Shack, Lincolnsfields.Â*
10 – 40 m Cobweb, horizontally polarised, omnidirectional.

Antenna installed for 70 cm, 2m and 6m

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2019/01/ante...-cm-2m-and-6m/

On 2 Jan 2019 a Diamond V2000 was erected on a pole attached to the
shack. Â*Peter G3YXZ and Brian G3XYB were on site to oversee the work and
run the coax (heliax, naturally).Â*

The V2000 is a vertical collinear triple-band antenna which claims 8 dbi
gain on 70 cms, 6 dbi on 2m, and 2 dbi on 6m. Â*Initial testing on 70cm and
2m showed that this well-known antenna once again is doing a good job. Â*Â*

The antenna has been connected to the patch panel on the wall and the
clubsÂ*Kenwood TS 790E 70cm and 2m multimode rig has been deployed to make
use of it. Â*Peter has plans to install a simple 70cm mobile for local FM
working, including GB3HR.Â*

Members are invited to visit the shack any Thursday and most Sundays (check
website for dates) to give the antenna a try or to work HF on the clubs
Icom 756.Â*

Tony G7ETW

Open Shack dates Jan 2019

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2018/12/open...ates-jan-2019/

The Shack is usually open on Thursdays and Sundays from 10.00 15.00h.Â*
Theses are the confirmed dates for January.Â* Please check website calendar
or club emails for updates.

Thursday 03 January Open Shack

Sunday 06 January Open Shack

Thursday 10 January Open Shack

Not Sun 13

Thursday 17 January Open Shack

Not Sun 20

Thursday 24 January Open Shack

Sunday 27 January Open Shack

Thursday 31 January Open Shack

Sun 03 February Open Shack

Future dates to be advised

Special General Meeting 5 October 2018

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2018/10/spec...-october-2018/

As you probably know, we held a Special General Meeting (SGM) last Friday
to discuss and vote on the proposal that the Radio Society of Harrow be
Incorporated as a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG).

The vote at the SGM supported the proposal by nearly a 2/3 majority. We are
now proceeding to the next phase.

However, in the light of representations that were received from some
members who could not be present, we have decided to do a consultation with
the whole membership in order that any concerns can be understood. This
consultation will take place in the next few weeks.

We will send out more details of this soon. In the meantime, I am happy to
receive any comments or answer any questions on this.

73 de Chris, G4AUF , Chairman RSH

Did you miss our fantastic field weekend?

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2018/09/did-...field-weekend/

On Saturday and Sunday 1st and 2nd September we set up camp in the field at
Lincolnsfields in order to take part in the RSGB SSB National Field Day.Â*

Â*The station could not be in a fixed building so we erected antennas,
pumped up the airbeam tent, set up a field kitchen and added a couple of
other temporary buildings.Â* The contest started at 14.00 BST and took place
over the next 24 hours.Â* Some hardy and enthusiastic operators worked
through most of the night.

Â*Saturday evening finished with a smoky goulash cooked by Ely M3HDF, wife
of Tony G7ETW, plus sausages, bread rolls and various desserts.Â* Plenty of
beer on tap courtesy of Mike M0ITI.

Â*Operating continued through to 14.00h on Sunday, after which we had to
dismantle and pack away everything until the next event.Â* We had 41
participants members and visitors throughout the weekend.Â* If you came
along, thank you for attending and we were very pleased to see you.Â* If you
couldn’t make it this time, look out for information about our next events.

RSH Visit to National Radio Centre

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2018/08/nrcvisit/

On the evening of Wednesday 22 August 2018, a group from the RSH visited
the National Radio Centre (NRC) at Bletchley Park. This was a specially
organised visit after the normal Bletchley Park opening hours. We were met
by in the car park by Harrow member Praful M0HQR who is an RSGB volunteer
at the NRC, and by Martyn Baker G0GMB, the National Radio Centre
Coordinator.

After an introductory talk, Martyn showed us around the display of exhibits
and then in to the GB3RS operating area, where we met RSGB volunteers Tony
and Brian. Those members who had brought their licence with them were able
to operate the station, and contacts were made a far afield as Russia and
the Falkland Islands. We were a very mixed group in ages, interests and
experience and were impressed by the interaction with the very
knowledgeable volunteers.

Â*

International Marconi Day 21 April 2018

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2018/04/inte...21-april-2018/

Report from Tony G7ETW

We took part in IMD from 11.00 using a G5RV which is still in place above
the next hut. Â*We made some good contacts on 40m and 20m, and tested Johns
MFJ mag loop. Â*So we now have a temporary antenna up which can be used at 5
mins notice and is invisible.

We took part in IMD from 11.00 using a G5RV which is still in place above
the next hut. Â*We made some good contacts on 40m and 20m, and tested Johns
MFJ mag loop. Â*So we now have a temporary antenna up which can be used at 5
mins notice and is invisible.

A simple lunch was available, organised by Linda.

We had 18 people throughout the day, including one member who travelled 7
miles on a mobility scooter to get there (recharging the scooter at the
hut). Â*We were very pleased that Ian Barnes was able to join us for part of
the day.Â* A couple of non-members visited, at least one of whom is
considering joining the club.

It was a very social occasion, with much tea drinking, talking and various
technical projects: David brought a DAB radio to destroy for bits, and I
was repairing club coax which fell to bits in me hand guv.

Examples of contacts we GB4IMD, IY6GM, PA6IMD, GB2GM, GB8MD, EI6YXQ,
9H1MRC, G2NM, EI1IMD.Â* We had hoped to operate for longer period, but
didn’t have enough operators to go on later than 18.00.

The atmosphere was lovely a radio club meeting to do radio things. Â*A
sunny day transforms the place.

Committee for 2018/2019

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2018/04/comm...for-2018-2019/

Welcome again to our President for 2019/19 Damian, G4LHT.

Returning to the committee is Ravi M0RVI as Events manager.

Tony G7ETW will take up the role of Education coordinator.

Full list of this years committee here.

Dec 2017 Food Bank Collection

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2018/01/dec-...nk-collection/

Those of you who came to our Christmas Social in December will know that we
had a collection of items for the Harrow Food Bank.Â* I thought you might
like to know that we have had a note from them thanking us for theÂ*
donation of 22 kg ofÂ*food and toiletry items to help and supportÂ* local
people in crisis.

Linda G7RJL

Members Construction Contest 2017

http://www.g3efx.org.uk/2017/12/memb...-contest-2017/

The Radio Society of Harrow’s annual construction contest was held on
Friday 01 December.Â* There was good participation from club members with
four entries and also four display items.

The entries for judging by the members present we

Tony G7ETW – an Arduino Morse generator / Morse reader; Graham G4VUX – a
fishing reel and dog ball thrower contrivance for launching an antenna wire
over trees; Colin G1IGA – portable shack in a box; Brian G3YKB – a Tesla
coil.

Each entrant described their item and answered questions from the audience,
who then had a chance to examine the entries in detail prior to casting
their secret vote.

This year’s winner was Brian G3YKB, who keeps the cup for a year and also
won £30; second prize (£20) went to Colin G1IGA and third prize (£10) to
Tony G7ETW.

The display items, also described by their makers, were a compact 2m DF
receiver with antenna Â*(customised to find Brian G3YKB in the woods) (Peter
G4AZL); an off-air frequency standard for calibrating test equipment (a
crystal calibrator and 10MHz reference, phase-locked to Droitwich – also
Peter G3AZL); EGV-40 QRP CW 40M transceiver (Graham G4VUX) and a home-made
3D printer printer-head (Keith M3OJH).