Old March 31st 21, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default [KB6NU] OpenRTX: Free and open source firmware for digital radios

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

OpenRTX: Free and open source firmware for digital radios

Im big on Twitter. I have moreo than 5,100 followers, and this morning, I
was followed by @OpenRtx. Their tagline read, Free and Open Source Firmware
for Digital Ham Radios. That prompted me to follow them and find out a
little more about them.

Their website says:

OpenRTX is a free and open source firmware for digital ham radios, top-down
designed with modularity, flexibility and performance in mind.

Currently OpenRTX is being actively developed for the following radios:

Tytera MD-380/390Â*(UHF versions only)
Tytera MD-UV380/390
Tytera TYT MD-9600
Radioddity GD-77
Baofeng DM-1801

This looks like an interesting project to me. The project has a user guide
and a developers page, if you want to try your hand at developing some code
yourself. To take a look at the code, go to their GitHub repository. For
more information, you can join their Discord.

Unfortunately, I dont have one of these radios, or I might even try this
myself.

The post OpenRTX: Free and open source firmware for digital radios appeared
first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.