Old April 22nd 21, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] QRPTTF this Saturday!

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

QRPTTF this Saturday!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=ema il

A reminder from Paul NA5N:
A reminder that QRP TO THE FIELD (QRPTTF) will be held this SATURDAY, APRIL
24, 2021 from 0800-1800 your local time.
Rules are virtually the same as last year: OUTBACK Part 2
Operate from:
OUTBACK in your home shack
OUTBACK in your back yard
OUTBACK in the field or a SOTA summit
Since covid is still a moving target with varying health orders from state
to state, operate from your home, backyard or "in the field" as you feel
comfortable with and to conform with local health and travel restrictions.
*** JUST GET ON THE AIR, MAKE SOME QRP QSOs, AND HAVE SOME FUN. ***
RULES: http://www.zianet.com/qrp/qrpttf/pg.html
CONTEST CALENDAR:
https://www.contestcalendar.com/week...m&week=current
My weather calls for temps in the upper 70s with 15-20mph winds, so will be
operating from a nearby field if not too windy. I'll be putting some old
gear on the air ... my old Ten Tec Argo (5W Scout) and an SGC-2020 with a
1938 McElroy bug for the nostalgia. I used 20M and 40M MFJ QRP rigs on my
very first QRPTTF, the Argo on the 2nd, and the SG-2020 on the third, so
time to get a couple of them back on QRPTTF. Have made several QSOs with
them past couple of weeks for the NMQP and SKCC WES, so the old analog
radios still work and sounds great.
72 and CU Saturday,
Paul NA5N
Socorro, NM
In W2LJ land, it's supposed to be mostly cloudy with a high in the upper
60s. Lots to do (as always) on Saturday, so if I get out in the back yard
at all, it would be for a short time. I hope to be able to get some
operating time in, even if it's just an hour. Why does it seem that the
older I get, the busier I get?
72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!