Old February 22nd 05, 02:12 PM
Chris NI4L

Default ISO Yaesu 2500M Display unit

Does anyone have a junked out Yaesu 2500M?
The display on mine has a bad place in the lower right side can't read
the last number. Metal notebook slide off set in van and struck that
area now the liquid inside is running. Anyone else ever have this happen
to them? Is it even worth fixing or should i just buy a cheap frequency
counter and hook it in line?
thanks
Chris NI4L
Old February 22nd 05, 04:17 PM
Chris NI4L

Chris NI4L wrote:

Does anyone have a junked out Yaesu 2500M?
The display on mine has a bad place in the lower right side can't read
the last number. Metal notebook slide off set in van and struck that
area now the liquid inside is running. Anyone else ever have this happen
to them? Is it even worth fixing or should i just buy a cheap frequency
counter and hook it in line?
thanks
Chris NI4L

Sorry it is the FT 2400
Old February 24th 05, 07:11 AM
Pete KE9OA

The display shouldn't be too expensive..............probably around 20
dollars. I am not sure how hard it would be to put in. Usually, there is a
metal frame around the LCD that has ears on the back side of the display
board. When you straighten out the ears, you can carefully remove the
display. This is a conductive rubber strip that electrically couples the
display to the circuit board. Be careful so that you don't touch the contact
points. It would be a good idea to clean the rubber contact point with
alcohol, afterwards applying a contact preservative such as Caig's Pro-Gold.
I do have one of these rigs..........................it works just as good
as the newer ones. Many of the new rigs also meet Mil Std 810 for mechanical
shock, as does the Yaesu 2400, but the reason that I like the 2400 is
because this is the same radio as the land mobile version in the Vertex
line. The Yaesu FT-23R was the same type of radio. This means that the radio
was designed to meet its specifications across the whole 138 to 174MHz band,
both transmit and receive. I would fix it if it were mine.

Pete