Old March 15th 05, 11:33 PM
Matt J. McCullar

Default Is Standard Amateur Radio Products still in business?

I cannot find an address or phone number for Standard Amateur Radio
Products. The manual for my HT (from 1993) gives a post office box in
Niles, Illinois. I looked through a 2001 issue of _QST_ but Standard did
not advertise in it. Is the company even still around? A web site address
given for them is worthless.

Thanks in advance!

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA

Old March 15th 05, 11:52 PM
nitespark

Matt J. McCullar wrote:
I cannot find an address or phone number for Standard Amateur Radio
Products. The manual for my HT (from 1993) gives a post office box in
Niles, Illinois. I looked through a 2001 issue of _QST_ but Standard did
not advertise in it. Is the company even still around? A web site address
given for them is worthless.

Thanks in advance!

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA

Nope. They were bought out/ merged with Yaesu Vertex.

--
I have never met a liberal street cop.

Old March 16th 05, 03:42 AM
Ed

Standard is now a division of Yaesu - has been for some years.

Yes. Matt, look for it under the name, "VertexStandard". Found at,
http://www.vertexstandard.com

Ed
Old March 18th 05, 04:07 PM
JB

They were acquired to become Vertex/Standard that is now merged with
Yaesu, but I don't know who owns who.

They may still be supported to some extent but don't expect much.