Old March 21st 05, 02:11 AM
Richard Lyons

Default Armad

WHAT IS ARMAD ?

http://www.freewebs.com/kb9ibw/

ARMAD is an annual Amateur Radio Special Event project that stands for
Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day. We work with National Military
Appreciation Month during the month of May. Amateur Radio Operators from
around the world team up during this joint effort to allow the people from
our communities to gather at public locations such as shopping centers,
parks, VA hospitals, and sporting events to express verbal positive support
"LIVE" over the radio for members of the Military, Veterans, Reserves,
National Guard, and military support groups. It is also a chance for those
at each location to hear and exchange messages of appreciation with each
other over the radio. Many of us have friends, relatives, and neighbors that
are active duty, and past members of the armed forces. ARMAD gives us the
chance to support one another, and to express our thanks and appreciation to
those that sacrifice and serve in the Armed Forces.

wd9dnm

Node 99262