Old March 27th 05, 03:44 AM

Default Icom 2200H

Anyone out there own one of these radios? If so, what has been your
experience with it? Thanks. Mac

Old March 27th 05, 03:58 PM
DL7JSK

Hi
I had the 2100H,was a wonderful radio.Except additional digital stuff,the
2200 is nearly identical to the 2100.I would highly recommend this radio

73
Tom

oups.com...

Old March 27th 05, 06:41 PM

The thing is, look at the Icom brochures on the 2100, the 2200, and the
V8000. The ONLY one that mentions stable even at high duty cycles is
the 2100. Some have had trouble with the V8000 finals and there is
only one review on the 2200 posted on www.eham.net, so it is hard to
know if the 2200 is going to be a good one. I know Icom fixed the
problem with the early 2100s and the newer ones have that fix. These
are the ones that have the 133 mic, called the 2100H 25N. Even though
that one is now being discontinued, I may just go with it. I had a
V8000 recently that had RFI problems due to computers and I sent it
back for a different rig. Not a good thing with computers in the shack
and the cars these days.

Old March 28th 05, 01:59 AM
Hank Oredson

wrote in message
oups.com...
The thing is, look at the Icom brochures on the 2100, the 2200, and the
V8000. The ONLY one that mentions stable even at high duty cycles is
the 2100. Some have had trouble with the V8000 finals and there is
only one review on the 2200 posted on www.eham.net, so it is hard to
know if the 2200 is going to be a good one. I know Icom fixed the
problem with the early 2100s and the newer ones have that fix. These
are the ones that have the 133 mic, called the 2100H 25N. Even though
that one is now being discontinued, I may just go with it. I had a
V8000 recently that had RFI problems due to computers and I sent it
back for a different rig. Not a good thing with computers in the shack
and the cars these days.

Have been running an IC-2100H at full output as packet
link radio for a couple years. Works fine.

--

... Hank

http://home.earthlink.net/~horedson
http://home.earthlink.net/~w0rli

Old March 28th 05, 03:35 AM

Thanks Hank. I just wonder if the 2200 is that strong.
Mac