Old April 30th 05, 11:55 PM
Chuck W.

Default Replacing Final PA stage for Icom IC-720A

I seem to have damaged the final PA stage on my rig, because it's now
only putting out about a watt or less.

What am I in for in terms of cost to replace the final stage of this
older Icom? Are parts even available?

Tnx & 73,

Chuck
KB5GC

Old May 1st 05, 02:08 AM
Michael St. Angelo

Chuck,

I searched for IC-720A and found the manual. The pre-driver is 2CS1971.
Drivers are 2SC1945. The finals are 2SC2907.
There all common Japanese RF transistors. RFParts , www.rfparts.com , lists
a matched pair of 2SC2097 for 67.90.
You should verify blown finals are the culprit before replacing. Good luck.

73,

Mike N2MS

oups.com...

Old May 1st 05, 01:48 PM
Chuck W.

Got it. Thanks, Mike. I've now located them physically on the PA
board. Now, hmm, I wonder if I need to actually remove these
components in order to test them. Is a multimeter sufficient?

73,

Chuck
KB5GC

Old May 1st 05, 02:19 PM
atec

Chuck W. wrote:
Got it. Thanks, Mike. I've now located them physically on the PA
board. Now, hmm, I wonder if I need to actually remove these
components in order to test them. Is a multimeter sufficient?

73,

Chuck
KB5GC

You need to desolder some legs... then test .