Old May 13th 05, 01:30 PM
=K=5=D=H=

Default Specs on Icom SP-20 and SP-23 speakers?

Hello all,

Does anyone have the full specs on the Icom SP-20
and SP-23 speakers? There is no useful information
on Icom's web site, and this was the response I got
from Icom when I asked for more info:

"We do not have more than what is published on the
website about the SP20 and SP23 speakers, sorry."

Hmmm...

I know they both have several audio filter widths
and A/B inputs. But what makes one cost $50 more
than the other? Any info would be appreciated.

73,
Dean K5DH

Old May 13th 05, 08:37 PM
Travis Jordan

=K=5=D=H= wrote:
I know they both have several audio filter widths
and A/B inputs. But what makes one cost $50 more
than the other? Any info would be appreciated.

Inflation. The SP-23 is current production, the SP-20 has been
obsoleted.

Old May 17th 05, 01:26 PM
=K=5=D=H=

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:30:57 GMT,
(=K=5=D=H=) wrote:

Hello all,

Does anyone have the full specs on the Icom SP-20
and SP-23 speakers? There is no useful information
on Icom's web site, and this was the response I got
from Icom when I asked for more info:

"We do not have more than what is published on the
website about the SP20 and SP23 speakers, sorry."

Hmmm...

I know they both have several audio filter widths
and A/B inputs. But what makes one cost $50 more
than the other? Any info would be appreciated.

73,
Dean K5DH

Do a Google search on the two speakers and it will take you to
Universal Radio's site -- they have decent specs there.

I have a big Yeasu speaker with audio filters and they are fairly
useless. I can't imagine Icom's being much better, if at all.

If I were spending money in this price range, I'd look at the new
version of the Clear Speech speaker at Heil -- you can at least call
them and talk to the man himself.

bob
k5qwg

Thanks for the lead, Bob. Not sure why I didn't find this
when I Google'd the other day, but it's definitely there.
Operator error, I'm sure. It's interesting that Universal
has such good information but Icom doesn't!

As for the usefullness of these type of filters, I guess
that's a matter of personal preference. In addition to my
746PRO, I also have a Kenwood TS-850SAT with the matching
SP-31 speaker. It has three audio filters, and I use them
fairly often. I especially like the high-cut filters when
the static gets loud. They take the edge off.

73 and thanks again for the lead!

Dean K5DH