Old May 17th 05, 01:22 PM
=K=5=D=H=

Default Wanted: Icom SP-20 speaker

Looking to buy an Icom SP-20 speaker to go with
my 746PRO. Must be in nice condition (doesn't
have to be "flawless", just nice) and it must
come from a non-smoking environment. Would be
desirable to have the box and manual, but not
having them isn't a show-stopper for me.

Thanks and 73,
Dean K5DH

Old May 17th 05, 01:40 PM
Travis Jordan

=K=5=D=H= wrote:
Looking to buy an Icom SP-20 speaker to go with
my 746PRO. Must be in nice condition (doesn't

Why did you decide on the SP-20 instead of the SP-23?

Old May 18th 05, 01:22 PM
=K=5=D=H=

Probably true. Most of the newer speakers sound pretty "tinny".
I mainly use headphones. You can plug fones into the SP-20 and
SP-23 and use the audio filters. That's what I have in mind.

I have a 10" speaker in a slope-front Bud cabinet that I use
with my SX-101A. Plate-modulated AM signals sure sound nice
with that combination!

73,
Dean K5DH

In article , says...

Both sound terrible. Any old speaker from the 50's tube era sound better
.

--
Steve Ellington

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message