Old May 22nd 05, 05:54 AM
Joseph Fenn

Default Ref Winlink2.9 and Packet radio

Anybody out there know what param to change in the "setup" of winlink
so it will accept connections via a digiptr? Was told by one guy
that winlink2.9 cannot accept connections via digipeaters.
I question this and assume that party just dont know that winlink
supports all ax25v2 protocol cmds and capabilities, as does
AIRMAIL also. If someone knows what to change in the setup file
(params settings) let me know. I know it has a digiptr on/off toggle,
but that refers to the the particular station thats running a bbs.
If the thing is toggled on then even his stn could act as a
digiptr itself. What in winlink bars connections from other
stns via digiptrs??
Joe

* Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM*
* Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) *

Old May 22nd 05, 05:18 PM
Panzer240

Joseph Fenn wrote in
va.net:

Anybody out there know what param to change in the "setup" of winlink
so it will accept connections via a digiptr? Was told by one guy
that winlink2.9 cannot accept connections via digipeaters.
I question this and assume that party just dont know that winlink
supports all ax25v2 protocol cmds and capabilities, as does
AIRMAIL also. If someone knows what to change in the setup file
(params settings) let me know. I know it has a digiptr on/off toggle,
but that refers to the the particular station thats running a bbs.
If the thing is toggled on then even his stn could act as a
digiptr itself. What in winlink bars connections from other
stns via digiptrs??

Joe :

Whilst I don't use Winlink a quick check of their features page at:

http://winlink.org/features.htm

Seems to indicate you may nee to look at TelPac and PacLink to make this
work.

Hope it helps a bit.

--
Panzer