Old May 23rd 05, 02:35 PM
Pat MacKinnon

Default Help: Alinco DJ-596T won't transmit on either band.

I bought a DJ-596T handy at Dayton that won't transmit.
(Not that it was misrepresented, both the seller and I discovered it had
a problem.)

Anyway, it visually appears to work, that is to say when keyed down the
red TX light and the LCD bar graph come on but there is no transmission
made. This is true for both 2m and 70cm.

It receives perfectly on both bands.

I downloaded the service manual from Alinco but it's description of the
TX circuit is limited at best. I'd like to take a try at fixing it
before sending it off for repair. Anyone here able to suggest where I
should be looking for the offending component?

Thanks for reading!
Pat, VE3PMK

Old May 24th 05, 04:31 AM
Pat MacKinnon

I traced the fault to the EJ-43U board. The rig works perfectly with it
removed.

I know it's only needed for digital mode, but it might be nice to try it
out. Anyone ever see an EJ-43U board for sale lately?

Thanks again for reading!
Pat