Old May 30th 05, 04:25 AM
Tapio Sokura

Default Air band, 2m and marine VHF on the same handheld radio?

I noticed a while back that Yaesu has a model called VXA-700 that
combines air band and 2 meters into the same radio. This is an
interesting offer, but even more interesting would be to get marine VHF
in the same package. Or just marine VHF and air band in the same radio
(tx/rx on both bands) as I have my share of amateur radios anyway. Has
anyone seen this kind of radios for sale? Are there common legal
restrictions that could prevent offering a marine VHF and air band in
the same rig?

This might sound like an odd couple, but for me it would fill a nice
void; sometimes I need to talk on the air band and sometimes I need
marine VHF, but rarely both at the same time. With these combined into
one radio I could probably save some money and room compared to two
different radios. I guess I could settle for one air band radio and one
marine VHF radio if they have compatible batteries, chargers,
microphones etc accessories, any "series" radios like this?

Tapio

WANTED - MARINE ELECTRONIC DEVICES [email protected] Boatanchors 0 May 11th 04 09:48 PM
FS: Standard Marine Handheld Radio Juan Swap 0 March 16th 04 04:27 AM
Base Closures N8KDV Shortwave 10 January 20th 04 01:39 AM
FS--Icom O2AT and M5 Marine handhelds Nick Marsh Swap 0 December 21st 03 07:32 PM
FS-- Icom O2AT and Marine M5 radios Nick Marsh Swap 0 November 15th 03 05:26 PM