Old June 6th 05, 05:32 PM
Joshua G Senecal

Default MFJ 249B/259B vs. Autek VA1

Hi All,

It looks like I'm going to be in the apartment for another year, so I need
to build a better limited-space antenna (probably a helically wound
dipole). I'm considering obtaining an antenna analyzer to assist me in
this.

Being a grad student I don't have a large budget, so (unless I suddenly
come by a lot of money) I'll probably have to get something like the MFJ
259B or the Autek VA1.

I've looked up the specs on each, and read the eHam reviews. It seems that
generally both work well, but both companies have quality control
issues, with the MFJ quality being slightly better but the Autek providing
more features. I'm attracted to the Autek because of its price, but I
don't relish the idea of having to open the thing up and resolder a bunch
of connections.

What are *your* opinions?

Thanks!

-Josh, AE6IQ

--

Remove the reversed "nospam" in the address.

FS Autek Research QF-1A SSB/CW/AM Filter Keith Swap 0 July 19th 04 05:32 AM
Manual Autek QF-1A CLinT Equipment 2 January 7th 04 02:14 AM
Manual Autek QF-1A CLinT Equipment 0 January 7th 04 01:25 AM
MFJ or Autek......what a fool I am. PieroIK2VTJ Antenna 0 November 19th 03 11:58 PM