Old July 13th 05, 03:12 AM
crossbar

Default Automate Box

I have been given this piece of equipment and I don't know what it
is. At first glance it looks like some sort of RTTY interface. It is
in a green metal case,has a big knob in the middle with slow on one
end of the range and fast on the other, a range switch that toggles
between LOW and HIGH,another knob on the bottom part of the face plate
that has a range for Mark to Space, and a three position switch that
says AC. The positions are off, on and hold on. Inside there are 4-
"5963/12au7" 1- "OB2" and 1- "OA2" vacuum tubes, a transformer, and a
high pressure mercury Western Electric relay. There are 2 - 1/4"
jacks on the back labeled "Side-Tone Jack" and "Key Lever Jack".
There are 2 pots also one labeled "DC BALANCE" and the other
"SIDE-TONE volume. There is a label on the back that says "Ben
Woodruff W9UE". I have looked up the call sign on the internet and it
doesn't belong to Ben Woodruff any more. Just thought someone could
help me figure out what this is!

Thanks in advance!

N9NAU