Old July 21st 05, 04:28 AM
Scott Townley

Default Autek WM1

Love mine, wouldn't trade it for any competitor.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:06:35 GMT, Justín Käse
wrote:

Just ordered my WM1 based on several recommendations from friends, and
have also read horror stories on eHam too. Does anyone currently reading
this group have experience they'd care to share?
--

JK

Old July 22nd 05, 04:31 AM
Rick Frazier

I bought a new one about 15 or 18 months ago (lighted meters) and love it.
Thinking about buying another to replace an older unit (of another brand)
that doesn't have a remote sensor.

If I were the complaining type, the only things I could find wrong with it
are the relatively open back (the "on" led can be lit by ambient light
coming in through the window from behind the unit), and there have been a
couple of times I would have preferred to unplug the remote head to reroute
cables...

Operationally it's great, works fine and the calibration of the power meter
was pretty close right out of the box.

Now that you bring it up, I should probably go ahead and order the second
one while I have a few bucks in the equipment fund and before I forget...

Thanks
Rick -- AH7H

Wanted AUTEK RF-1 Zeca Swap 0 November 4th 04 07:25 AM
FS Autek Research QF-1A SSB/CW/AM Filter Keith Swap 0 July 19th 04 05:32 AM
Manual Autek QF-1A CLinT Equipment 2 January 7th 04 01:14 AM
MFJ or Autek......what a fool I am. PieroIK2VTJ Antenna 0 November 19th 03 10:58 PM