Old July 28th 05, 03:34 PM
John Haberkern

Default F.S. Ameritron AL-1200 2kw Linear Amplifier

Forsale original black face Ameritron AL-1200 (pre mfj). this amp uses
3cx-1200a7 tube and easily does legal limit.
has peter dahl transformer, dayton blower, eimac tube, socket and
chimney.very nice with manual.
asking $1200 picked up in Phila.,Pa. John

--
John Haberkern

Old July 28th 05, 06:52 PM
Bill Turner

John Haberkern wrote:

this amp uses
3cx-1200a7 tube and easily does legal limit.

Legal limit on CW and SSB, but not RTTY. Trust me on this one. I
learned the hard way.

Bill, W6WRT
Old July 29th 05, 01:23 AM
John Haberkern

agreed, but the manufacturers also state duty cycle along with the specs.
the less time it is on the more power it can put out safely. but I bet with
a big enough blower, the right high voltage and operating current it could
almost do anything. but I was originally stating the ssb and cw modes which
is the norm, you can tell by tuning the bands and hear how many stations are
running rtty when there is no 'rtty contest'. John

Old July 29th 05, 07:57 PM
Bill Turner

John Haberkern wrote:

but I was originally stating the ssb and cw modes which
is the norm,

You DID NOT state CW and SSB and that's why I replied. If you had, I
wouldn't have bothered.

Bill, W6WRT