Old August 13th 05, 03:27 AM
Dick

Default Removal of Morse Code from Amateur License Requirements...

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:57:32 -0400, "Dee Flint"
wrote:

Not the least little bit. All our renewals are free regardless of age or
work status except for those who elected to get a vanity call sign of their
own choosing instead of sticking with an assigned call.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Then of course there are those of us who had to pay ransom for our
original, assigned call letters because the FCC made us give them up
when moving to another call district, then, when the rules changed,
wouldn't let us have them back without paying for them. Vanity had
nothing whatever to do with it. Still angry over that.

Dick - W6CCD
Old August 13th 05, 11:47 AM
clfe

wrote:

Not the least little bit. All our renewals are free regardless of age or
work status except for those who elected to get a vanity call sign of
their
own choosing instead of sticking with an assigned call.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Then of course there are those of us who had to pay ransom for our
original, assigned call letters because the FCC made us give them up
when moving to another call district, then, when the rules changed,
wouldn't let us have them back without paying for them. Vanity had
nothing whatever to do with it. Still angry over that.

Dick - W6CCD

That did kinda suck..... What I liked, was when it used to be a 6 was in 6
land and you knew where they were - within reason. Now, a 6 can be any where
and you have no clue until they tell you. Kinda makes it a tad more
difficult to do collecting of call areas. You hear that elusive call for a
certain state and you jump on it only to find they're in your back yard so
to speak. And I have known guys who had calls they favored only to have to
lose them by moving as was pointed out by Dick - W6CCD.

clf